Which Cosmetic Dentistry Procedure is Right For You?
Your smile plays a pivotal role in your appearance. If your teeth are damaged, dull, or missing, your self-confidence may suffer. Fortunately, your North Syracuse, NY, dentist, Dr. Inderpreet Atwal, offers several cosmetic dentistry treatments and procedures that can improve your smile.
Adding tooth-colored composite resin to your teeth, then hardening and bonding it to your enamel with a curing light, is a good option if you want to:
- Repair chips and other damage
- Hide discolorations
- Fill small gaps between teeth
- Change the shape or length of your teeth
- Add subtle fillings that match the color of your teeth
Veneers hide flaws under tooth-shaped porcelain or ceramic shells. The shells are about as thin as a contact lens yet thick enough to conceal imperfections. Veneers are only attached to the fronts of teeth and require removal of a minimal amount of tooth enamel for a perfect fit. Veneers are used to:
- Improve the appearance of oddly shaped teeth or lengthen short teeth
- Close slight spaces between teeth
- Hide bumpy surfaces, chips, and cracks
- Conceal discolorations or whiten your entire smile
Crowns are hollow inside and fit on top of teeth, completely covering them. Before you receive a crown, your North Syracuse dentist will reduce the size of your tooth. Crowns are made of porcelain, porcelain-fused-to-metal, ceramic, or resin. They can:
- Restore the normal appearance and function of a fractured tooth
- Prevent fragile or cracked teeth from breaking
- Change the way discolored, short or oddly shaped teeth look
If you've always wanted a straighter smile but don't like the look of metal braces, you'll want to consider Invisalign. The innovative orthodontic system uses a series of clear, removable aligner trays to straighten teeth. Trays are worn for about 22 hours per day before they're exchanged for the next set of aligners in the series. Adults may only need to wear the trays for about one year.
Implants replace natural tooth roots with tiny titanium posts. The posts gradually bond to your jawbone and become firmly rooted in your mouth. Once they've bonded, your dentist will connect crowns to the top of the implants, creating brand new teeth that feel just like your natural teeth.
Revitalize your smile with a cosmetic dentistry procedure! Call your North Syracuse, NY, dentist, Dr. Inderpreet Atwal, at (315) 452-1020 to schedule an appointment.