Your Tooth Replacement Options
Are you struggling with tooth loss? Here at Atwal Dental Care in North Syracuse, NY, offers a wide range of tooth replacement options, including dental implants, conventional dentures, and more. Why not save your oral function, speech, facial contours, and more with Dr. Inderpreet Atwal's ingenious smile solutions?
Reasons for replacing teeth
Loss of just a single tooth changes your appearance, speaking ability, biting/chewing functionality, bone structure, and even your overall self-esteem. Just look at the photos or X-rays of someone who has lost teeth to abscess, decay, accident or periodontal disease. The oral changes truly are devastating.
Consequently, tooth replacement must happen as soon as possible after extraction. With a detailed treatment plan in place, you're assured of your best bone health, oral function, and smile aesthetics. In particular, dental implants placed by your dentist in North Syracuse halts bone resorption and actually exercises the jaw bone so that it remains strong.
While bone maintenance is an exclusive feature of dental implants, other tooth replacements do significantly help oral function, speech, and facial contours. Together, you and Dr. Atwal will choose the prosthetic best for you.
Tooth replacement options
- Dental implants Today's most sought-after choice, titanium implants bond with the underlying bone in the jaw, strengthening it, and providing secure, realistic biting and chewing. A metal post and porcelain crown finishes the single-tooth implant.
- Implant-supported dentures An even number of dental implants—two, four, or six—-anchor a full or partial denture. Fixed and natural-feeling, these dentures improve jaw bone quality.
- Partial dentures Traditional partials are made from acrylic and attach to remaining natural teeth with clasps. They are removable and ideal for replacement of two to six teeth on the upper or lower arch.
- Immediate dentures Worn after dental extractions, these artificial teeth complete a smile right away and speed healing. They must be refit after six to eight weeks.
- Full conventional dentures Your dentist places these artificial teeth after extraction sites have healed completely.
- Fixed bridgework This appliance is not removable. Made of one or more pontic, or artificial, teeth, bridges attach to natural teeth with porcelain crowns. As such, the dentist reduces the size and shape of the abutment teeth.
Your new smile from Atwal Dental Care
Feel like yourself again with a smile remade by Dr. Inderpreet Atwal. Phone us today for an informative consultation on tooth replacement options: (315) 452-1020.